OptiLight: The First and only Intense Pulsed Light FDA treatment approved for dry eye management
OptiLight with patented Optimal Pulse Technology uses precise, intense broad spectrum light to address the inflammation – one of the key underlining factors in dry eye disease due to MGD. It was specifically developed to reach the delicate contours of the treated area safely, effectively and gently. OptiLight improves tears, reduces inflammation, reduces eye redness, decreases Demodex mites, and restores Meibomian Glands.
View our Yahoo News Video featuring Optilight
Optilight Sessions: What to Expect During Treatment
- Optilight treatment isn’t invasive and is done in the area below the eyes.
- It is gentle, fast, and no-downtime.
- A course of treatment typically includes 4 sessions spaced 2-4 weeks apart.
- Each session usually takes only 10-15 minutes.
- During the treatment we will apply a coupling gel on the treatment area and cover your eyes with a shield.
- You may experience a warm sensation as light is applied to the skin, the treatment is gentle with minimum discomfort.
Optilight Sessions: What to Expect After Treatment
- Immediately following treatment, you may experience some redness. This will usually disappear within a few hours.
- You can return to your daily activities and apply makeup straight away in most cases.
- You will be advised to stay out of direct sunlight for a few days and to apply sunscreen.
- Patients usually report an improvement after their 2nd or 3rd treatment.
- Maintenance treatments are usually recommended every 6-12 months, to ensure the best long term results.